CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Are You Kidding Me?

I got out of the shower this morning and could hear Henry, hysterically crying in the living room. I could hear this from within our bathroom, with the fan blowing and the door closed, inside our bedroom with that door closed as well. He was HYSTERICAL. I quickly got dried off and put my robe on. When I came out, Chris was just coming out of the hall bathroom. Henry came running over to me screaming, crying, and sweating. I tried to figure out what was wrong, and he kept holding his nose. I thought maybe it was bleeding, but he wouldn't really move his hand. I asked David what was wrong, and he didn't know. Of course I assumed he had fallen or David hit him. Nope. He kept saying, "MY NOSE! MY NOSE!" I finally wrestled his hand away from his face long enough to look. Then I saw it. A plastic bean from "Don't Spill the Beans" stuck up his nose. We played yesterday and must have missed a bean when we were cleaning up. I have no idea where it was, but he found it and for some reason stuck it up his nose. I got a pit in my stomach, because I could envision where this was going. Henry had to get stitches in his face over the summer last year, and it was a very, very traumatic experience for him. Since then, anything to do with his face or mouth is not fun to deal with. We tried to get him to blow it out. Didn't work. I tried to push it out from the outside of his nose. Didn't work. I got rounded tweezers and had Chris sit with him on the couch. That REALLY didn't work. Finally I called the pediatrician's office to see what they suggested. Of course it was to bring him in. I hung up with them and told him we had to go to the doctor. He said, "NO! I want to bwow it out into a burpy." Um, OK. I got a burp cloth, covered his mouth and pinched the other side of his nose closed, and told him to blow. I didn't think he had that much air in his little body! That bean shot out like a rocket! He quickly calmed down and was so tired he layed down on the couch. We discussed how we don't put things in our nose or ears. That child!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lovely isn't it? Hunter did it with a vitamin three weeks ago and he is FIVE!

I have a trick for you the next time he or another one of your little men do it...
You have them lay down then blow thru their mouth hard without pinching their nose. It is a great trick and always works unless it's food or something sticky! BOYS!

Julie said...

DORK!