CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday 12

OK, it's not got the same ring as Tuesday 12. What can I say? I'm a day late again!

1. Jack seems to like waking every 90 minutes at night again. He thinks he wants to eat. I don't think so.

2. After getting up three times with him Monday night, I knew he wasn't hungry. He was looking for some comfort. Soothe thyself. I wheeled him in his bed into our master bathroom and closed the door. He slept there happily for the rest of the night.

3. I'm a big fan of "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". I know it's not the method for everyone, but it's worked very, very well with David and Henry. Time to bust the book back out and get started with Jack. This house doesn't run very well when Mama gets no sleep!

4. David said this morning, "You and Dada are going on a sunny vacation. I'll take care of Jack with no parents around."

5. Henry said, "I'm going on a bacation too! Know where? To sunny Fornication!" Um, what? Clearly he was trying to say something else, but I was laughing too hard to figure out what that may have been.

6. Chris is back to work. As much as I love having him home, it's a damn good thing he's back to his regular schedule. That man has a penchant for dessert like I've never seen. And I'm easily persuaded. I gained 2 pounds while he was on vacation!

7. My house looks like a bomb went off. There are literally toys from one end to the other. And two naked children sitting on the couch watching TV.

8. My birthday is next week! I'm very excited about it, even though there's nothing I can think of that I want. (OK, I want an electric griddle to expedite my almost daily marathon pancake making sessions, but that's pathetic and I refuse to tell anyone I want that for a birthday gift.)

9. My parents are in Massachusetts for my cousin Matthew's high school graduation. I told my mom to drive by our old house and take pictures of it!!

10. I can't believe Matthew is old enough to graduate from high school. I remember when, if you asked him how to spell his name, he would say, "Up, down, up, down, up, down, cross, down, down, cross, cross." Try it -- it really is how you make the letters to spell Matt.

11. Henry "had a parade" into Jack's room yesterday while Jack was sleeping. Henry marched in and blew a train whistle as loud as he could. I had to chase him to get the whistle. When I asked him why he did that (as he was crying because he hates to get in trouble) he said, "Bbbbbecause. . . sometimes. . . sometimes I just don't THINK!"

12. We were going to go swimming today but it's nasty and rain-y out. I'm taking them to McDonald's to play instead. Lord help me.

No comments: