CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Attention Nursing Mother

This is a note to the nursing mother I saw yesterday at the mall. I'm so glad you've opted to nurse your child. You're providing him/her with the best food and nutrients you can. I'm a big advocate of nursing. I've nursed all three of my children. I nurse Jack now. In fact, I too fed my baby at the mall. (In a fitting room, FYI.) I understand very well what a sacrifice it can be, and also what a bonding experience it is with your infant. Did you need to sacrifice and bond while walking around the mall yesterday? Without a blanket? I know I'm opening a big can of worms here, and I firmly believe that breastfeeding mothers should be able to do so in public. But, you took "public" to a whole new level. I don't want to see your boobies. My three year old son doesn't (?) want to see your boobies. I don't want to explain to him for the rest of the day why someone "had she's boobies out in da mall to feed she's baby." Now, I'm not saying that you need to go to a restroom or something to feed your child. Hell, I don't want to eat in a bathroom, so I don't want to feed my child there. However, please, I urge you to use a little discretion. Perhaps you could try sitting on a bench with a blanket to cover yourself. There's really no need to stroll the mall, shirt hiked up, feeding the kid.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm going to report this post to your local La Leche group!

Julie said...

Well, I am just not that talented (see my "let's talk about boobs post). I'm all for multitasking, but c'mon!

Christina said...

I seem to remember someone doing this that we both know...do you remember?? LOL

Briana said...

HA! That must have been a sight, huh? She must be really coordinated. That's taking the whole "to-go" food to a whole new level.

Susan said...

I'm with you on this one. I can only imagine your face when you saw this happening and having to explain it.

Kelly said...

I remember Christina....lol!!! That is just not something I care to see!

Amy said...

omg girls, i was JUST about to mention THE SAME PERSON!! Just a little suck?

Kim said...

I wasn't there that day!! And I can't say that I wish I had been. . .

Keri said...

Do you ever eat with a blanket over your head? And I've seen more skin on the half naked bimbos at the beach than on a nursing mother. And if her baby was latched on correctly there is no way you seen much more than the skin above her nipple. THE SAME SKIN you'd see if she were in a bikini.