CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tuesday Twelve. On Wednesday.

1. Our patio canopy is up, and it rocks.

2. We went to the Soda Pop Junction yesterday in Lynnville, TN (pop. 400. No, I'm not kidding.) sodapopjunction.com I saw it on Unwrapped on the Food Network, and it looked really cute. They definitely shined it up for the show (and haven't since), but it was really cute. They have 45's hanging all around the walls and Henry said, "Dadid, look at all those wheels hanging up!" They were really excited to sit at the counter on stools that spun around and eat ice cream. (I do have photos of this, but have to download them at my parents house . . . they'll be up later.)

3. After our lunch and ice cream we went across the street to the Lynnville Railroad museum. They had a small "train depot" building with memorabilia and some trains you could climb on and go into. If David and Henry had died then, they would have died happy.

4. Jack had his 4 month doctor's appointment yesterday. He's 25 inches long and weighs 14 pounds, 11 ounces.

5. He got three shots and one oral immunization. He had a fever and was fussy for the afternoon. I felt so bad for him -- he was pitiful.

6. As a comparison, at 4 months David was 15 pounds, 10 ounces and 24.5 inches long. Henry was 18 pounds, 2 ounces and 24.75 inches long. I'm very surprised that Jack started out the largest and is the smallest now! He's in the 55th percentile for height and the 50th for weight, which is exactly where he's been the whole time.

7. I think we're going to sign up for a CSA (community supported agriculture). The farm is Avalon Acres (avalon-acres.com), and the price seems very reasonable. I'm going to go tonight to their drop off and see what the portions look like. I had thought about doing it with a different farm, but the location for picking up the produce each week was not convenient for us. This farm also has a package that includes meat and eggs. I would like to buy as much produce and meat locally as I can.

8. Today is David's last day of school. I think he understands that to mean the last day ever. Boy will he be disappointed!

9. Chris was watering the plants outside yesterday morning and Henry said, "If Dadda puts some dirt and water on me will I grow up to be a dadda?"

10. My birthday is two weeks from tomorrow! YAHOO! I love birthdays, especially my own.

11. I had a dream last night that I made Ashlee Simpson's wedding cake. What the hell?! And it was such a real feeling dream -- I seriously thought when I woke up this morning that I had made it.

12. I still can't find my camera. . . I'm seriously irritated at myself. Especially since I now need to get a new one. Happy Birthday to me, I guess.

No comments: