CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Right, still no camera. . . this would be much more exciting with photos!

Thursday was David's school picnic to celebrate the end of the year. It was so cute to see him playing with all of his pals. I have a really cute photo of him with his teachers, but they're both wearing shirts with the name of his school on them, and I'm not silly enough to post that on the Internet.

Friday was a BIG day for me. It was the first experience with a non-family babysitter! Seriously, I know it seems foolish, but that is honestly monumental for me. I am close to neurotic about leaving our children with anyone. David is 4. FOUR! And it's the first time he's had a sitter. And Jack is four months. . . that third child always does things earlier, I suppose!! The morning started with me taking the big boys for a wagon ride around the neighborhood. We went to a couple of yard sales, and they had so much fun looking through everyone's junk. And I do mean junk. We came home and hopped in the car to hit a few more yard sales since they had so much fun. We got three sleepers, a pair of jeans, and a toy that we sold at our yard sale last year. No, I'm not kidding. They were psycho about it. Thankfully I got all of that for $2, so I didn't care if they played with the toy once. And they've actually played with it quite a bit. David asked me twice, at two different houses, if we could buy a dog toy for Lucy. Hi, we gave that dog away in OCTOBER. He literally asks about her, when she's coming home, when we can visit her, etc. every single day. He wanted to get her a frisbee and a pink bone. I explained (again) that Lucy doesn't live with us anymore, and he said he wanted to have them for a "nice surprise" for when she comes home. Um, she IS home -- at ANOTHER home! It makes me so sad for him each time he asks about her. They asked constantly all day long when Stephanie was coming, if Stephanie was here yet, etc. I was so glad when she got here!! Chris and I went to dinner and the bookstore for a little while. I wasn't sure how they would behave, react, etc. so I didn't want to be gone for hours and hours. They had so much fun! They were exhausted, and (so Stephanie said) very well behaved. I hope so, because I completely intend to ask her back.

Saturday. . . why can't I remember what we did?! I'm pretty sure not much. We played outside in the morning in pjs, Chris finished the master bathroom cabinets, and they look FABULOUS! I'm thrilled with the way they turned out. (Our cabinets are about 15ish years old and look it. They need some love.) We painted them a very, very dark brown and put new hardware on them. The hall bath is next, and I think we'll get started on that tomorrow. I took the three boys to the grocery store while Chris cut the grass. Why I chose to go to the grocery store with three children in the afternoon on a Saturday is beyond me. I'll be happy to never do that again. They were great, but it was so crowded and stressful for me!

Sunday Julie and her crew were going to come over for dinner, but LJ got sick. Chris and I took the boys to my parents' house to swim for a bit, then my sister and her boyfriend came over for dinner. We had a nice time. And yummy dinner -- orange barbecue chicken, grilled corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and a berry/pound cake dessert. I also made a S'mores pie, but for some reason it never set and was like pudding. Strange. I'm definitely not a pie maker. That's probably the fourth pie I've screwed up.

Today Chris is back to work. Blah! I took the boys to my parents' pool again this afternoon. We had lunch there, swam a bit (Jack's first time in the pool!), then it started pouring. It was good timing though, because we were all tired. We came home and snuggled in the living room and watched a movie for the afternoon. We had pancakes for dinner, they all got a bath, we read 12 books (clearly they're my children) and they were in bed early. I'm not far behind them! I'm watching the Top Chef marathon on Bravo. I love that show! I'm about to head to bed to make some lists for the week -- my to-do list, our menu plan, and a short shopping list for tomorrow for some cake ingredients I need.

No comments: