CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday Twelve

1. Our lawnmower broke over the weekend. Mid-mow. Yes folks, that's right. Half of the yard cut, half of it not. Thank the LAWD it was the backyard. Seriously, how WT would that be? Even more if Chris had left the mower in the half-cut grass, broken! It's been repaired several times by my handy husband, but this time it's not happening.

2. I'd like to thank George W. and his economic stimulus package for the new mower we got today.

3. Jack is currently sleeping in his crib, sucking his thumb. He's been sucking it all day long. He looks so freaking cute doing it, I want to squeeze him.

4. David and Henry both fell asleep on the floor tonight watching their new-to-us Thomas DVD. I tried to move David and he told me that he was "camping".

5. I need to seriously shake my baking booty tomorrow and Thursday. I've still got six layers of wedding cake to make. Unfortunately, I don't have double pans of the sizes I've got to make, as they're not sizes I frequently use and are expensive pans. That slows the process considerably.

6. Our weather has been BEAUTIFUL the last few days. I wish it was like this all year here.

7. Nice weather makes me want to buy cute skirts and new flip flops.

8. It also makes me want to have a garage sale. And seriously folks, how do we have enough crap each year to have a garage sale?

9. Homemade strawberry jam + me = love. I could eat it with a spoon.

10. We'll be having a babysitter in two weeks when Chris is on vacation. We're going to go out for dinner.

11. I'll be leaving all three children. With a non-family, non-Julie/Darrell babysitter. I'm already having anxiety about it. NONE of our children have stayed with a babysitter. David is four and it's his first time. Jack is not 4 months yet and it will be his first time. The babysitter is the 24 year old daughter of David's teacher, and I love her. I feel totally comfortable with her being in our house and taking care of the boys, which certainly helps.

12. I think, however, I may need a drink that night to enjoy myself. I've not had a drink since before I was pregnant with David. In 2003!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am sending you some wine in the mail!